Cub hunting starts in the South East with death threats
The Cub hunting season has started in the south east. After a tipoff from members of the public guild Hunt sabs visited the surrey union at their kennels at 5:30am.
The ten invited riders (cub hunting is by invite only for the most blood thirsty) were not happy to see the sabs and tried to lose them by fast riding. One of their number a Mr Freddie Ford proceeded to try and ride down one the female sabs repeatedly and then threatened to kill her in front of members of the public who expressed their horror. The police were called causing the hunt to pack up but were greeted by surrey constabulary at their kennels.
Video evidence has been supplied of the incident. Lee Moon, spokesperson for the Hunt Saboteurs Association, stated: “The practice of cub Hunting has no place under the Hunting Act and cannot be excused as a method of training hounds to a drag. The fact that hunts still go out in the early hours should be enough evidence in itself to show that illegal hunting is taking place, and all police forces should take this into consideration. Once again members of the Hunt saboteurs Association have to spend long hours monitoring hunts only to be the subject of abuse and physical attacks. It is time the police clamp down on the illegal and violent countryside gangs, masquerading as legitimate organisations.”
Hunt Saboteurs evidence leads to conviction
We are pleased to hear that the West Street Tickham Hunt, in Kent, have been forced to disband. Their country will be taken over by the Ashford Valley and East Kent Hunts.
The hunt are citing financial reasons and lack of decent hunting country as the reasons behind their demise and are farcically trying to turn it into a positive! Tim Easby, director of the Hunting Office bizarrely said: “This is excellent progress and the hunts are to be commended on the mature way that this has been dealt with.”
Lee Moon, spokesperson for the Hunt Saboteurs Association stated: “For once I find myself agreeing with the pro-hunt community as I also see this as “excellent progress”. Unlike them however, who are desperately trying to put a positive spin on such a disasterous story, I genuinely mean it. This fantastic news means there will be one less group of blood thirsty law breakers careering across the countryside murdering wildlife and assaulting any who stand in their way and I look forward to more “excellent progress” from the hunts in the years to come”
Hunt saboteurs Association Press Release August 2nd 2012Two members of the historic Meynell and South Staffordshire Hunt are due to appear before Derby Magistrates Court on Wednesday the 8th of August for breaches of the Hunting Act 2004. The case against the Right Honourable John Edward "Johnny" Greenall, recently resigned huntmaster and major patron of the hunt and Glen Morris, steward and assistant terrierman is said to be based on video evidence obtained in October last year by anti-hunt activists in Derbyshire. This was prior to the main hunting season and traditionally would have been part of the cub (or recently-renamed autumn) hunting season.